Has it been a while since you took your basic wetland delineation training?
Have you only had 1987 Manual training?
Would you like to keep up to date with the latest regulatory change and advances in wetland science?
If so, then we have a great class for you!
The Swamp School has put together a on-demand online virtual classroom workshop that will bring you up to speed on all of the latest regulatory change, technical advancements and everything you need to know about the USACOE Regional Supplement updates. Each week will cover important topics that are critical to know if you are working in wetland science.
Topic 1 is focused on regulations and will feature topics like:
- New 2019 Waters of the US regulations
- New Preliminary and Approved Jurisdictional Determination Process
- The role of the states in the Clean Water Act
- Nationwide Permit updates
Topic 2 will cover soils and will include:
- The 5 key hydric soil types you need to know
- New updates to the National Hydric Soil Indicators
- Refinements to the USACOE regional supplements
Topic 3 will discuss hydrology topics like:
- A brand new way to calculate wetland water supply without expense field monitoring equipment
- A refresher on some of the newer USACOE hydrology indicators
- A presentation of free data sources that can be used to estimate wetland hydrology
Topic 4 is all about wetland plants. We will present a variety of topics including:
- The latest updates to the USACOE Regional Supplements plant list that have been published in the Federal Register.
- So very helpful tips and tricks on how to quickly identify wetland vegetation.
- All new wetland Point Intercept Method that is published and consistent with the 2016 Regulatory Guidance
- Plus you will receive a custom wetland densitometer that you can use in the field.
The workshop is being offered in an on-demand format. You can log in any time and watch the presentations and work on the assignments. There is not a specific time you need to start the class, and it is available anytime day or night. The class will remain active in your account for 120 days after your start the class.
Join us online for a great refresher and stay current with the latest status and trends in wetlands.
Questions? Give us a call at 1-877-479-2673