This position will be responsible for providing project management, environmental permitting, and biological field support for energy and other projects in New York State. Our successful candidate will have experience with natural resource field surveys and permitting.
• Coordinate routinely with client and project team to determine and implement project requirements
• Lead project teams and coordinate with field teams performing botanical, wetlands, and wildlife surveys
• Apply knowledge of natural resource principles for preparation of environmental documents and reports
• Prepare applications for required local, state, and federal regulatory permits for energy and other projects
• Lead consultation efforts with federal and state agencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, or related discipline
• 5+ years of natural resource field surveys including wetland and threatened/endangered species surveys and biological assessments
• Experience with environmental permitting in New York State including Section 404/401, SEQR, and Article 10
• Experience with project management and performing, managing, and leading field surveys and teams
• Experience working with federal and state environmental agencies (USACE, USFWS, NYSDEC, etc.)
• Knowledge of environmental regulations such as Clean Water Act, NEPA, New York State SEQR, and FERC
• Strong interpersonal communication, organizational, analytical, technical writing, and strategic planning skills with attention to detail and a high quality of work in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals, and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided.
Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories