New Jersey Wetland Delineation Classes
NE Pennsylvania Pocono Region
New Jersey School of Conservation
Sandyston, New Jersey
October 3-7, 2011
Accurate wetland delineations are a necessity for many types of land use projects. When you need to expand your business capabilities and hone your skills, this intensive combination of classroom and field training will teach you what you need to know and provide valuable hands-on delineation experience. This traditional 38-hour wetlands delineation class covers the current and proposed USACOE wetlands delineation methods as well as the recent Rapanos decision. This online version has been accepted as suitable training for the various States that require wetland delineation certification training.
An intensive combination of online classroom and field training, Swamp School is a hands-on way to learn all the necessary skills to perform wetland delineations.
Video Syllabus – NEW
2011 Syllabus: 2012 Wetland Delineation Training Syllabus
- Introduction to wetlands and wetlands history
- Wetland Delineations Methods
- US Army Corps of Engineers
- Regional Supplements
- North Central & North East
- Eastern Mountains & Piedmont
- Atlantic & Gulf Coastal Plain
- Federal Manual (NJ)
- Wetland hydrology assessment
- Hydric soils studies
- Wetland vegetation identification
- The Rapanos decision
This class contains approximately 24 hours of lectures and activities. If you are taking this class online, it is highly recommended that you allow 3 to 4 weeks to complete the online material. Once you have finished with the classroom lectures and activities the field component can be started. The Swamp School offers the 2-day field class almost every month and in several States. Pick a date and location that fits your schedule and we will see you in the swamp!
Wetlands delineation training includes
- 24/7 Online access to your class
- 3.8 CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
- Certificate of Training
Field supplies required
- Soil auger
- Munsell soil color chart
- Plant ID guide
2010 Class Brochure
Fall Eco-Trekking in the Poconos
Want to get away from it all and learn a few things about wetlands? Join us for a week-long adventure at the New Jersey School of Conservation. During the week you will discover:
- Waterfalls – We will be exploring the waterfalls at Dingmans Ferry and the “secret” Buttermilk falls at the base of the Appalachian Trail.
- Mountains – We will trek up to Sunrise Mountain on the Appalachian Trail to catch the beautiful vistas of the Great Valley to the east and the Poconos to the West.
- Wetlands – We will discover little known wetlands along the Appalachian Trail and a chance to see a few very rare plants.
All of this takes place at the NJ School of Conservation (NJSOC) in northern New Jersey. This is a chance to learn about wetlands in a historic and scenic environment. Many credit NJSOC as the birthplace of environmental education.